• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best/ easiest method to add turnsignals to old deuce

JasonS

I have a '53 Studebaker M35 and would like to add turnsignals. I have the obvious components: switch, flasher, and the modern tail lights but it appears that the main harness is different on the gas truck.

What do you recommend as easiest/ best?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Easiest is to run new wires to the 4 corners of the truck for the 460/461 circuits. Then obtain +24 and brake light feed from both sides of the brake pressure switch.

Barrman

The plug for the 3 lever is different with blinkers in the system. That and the plugs for the signal arm and the blinker box are really what you need. Then of course a diagram showing how they all fit. PM me or send an email to:

barrman@m715zone.com and I will send you what I think is a great diagram for this system. It is for a M715, but lighting wise, they are exactly the same. I have wired 2 M715 trucks and my 1952 REO Gasser from scratch with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks