• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bilsteins shocks on M1009

edpdx

The set I ordered got here last week. I put the front ones on without any issues... The rear ones look funky: First the shock has one built-in bolt instead of a throug-the-eye bolt like the stock. The Bilstein bolt is also larger in diameter. I began to remove the old rear passenger shock; but after seeing the diameter discrepancy I got the idea that it just was the wrong shock.

The part number from the end of the box does say Blazer. Anyone else have experience with this type of shock?
rear top conn.jpg
shock box.jpg

Cucvnut

take out the bolt leave the rubber bushing the the metal sleeve and see if it fits over the stock bolt thats on the hanger. if it fits run it.

Brad M

I just made a set like that work on an M1008 with some work by removing the pin and pressing in the bushing from the one being removed. However, if those are new I'd suggest you take them/send them back and get the ones you need. It was not an easy job to make them work.

Almost forgot to add... pull one of your existing ones before you send those back to compare. I am pretty sure the M1009 takes those.

Last edited:

edpdx

Ended up putting the fronts on- they fit and no probs so far. The ride is more stable side-to-side. Ordered the correct K30 rear Bilsteins. I have to sell the ones I bought for the Civvy model. Anyone?... anyone?

edpdx

Cucvfreek and doc, Follow this thread and you'll see that I ordered the K5 shocks; but they don't fit. The Bilstein catalog (pg 15 Blazer 4WD specs the first part i bought. Replies to this post stated I should buy the K30 spec'd shock. What have you got?

Cucvnut

page 15,18 and 19 both show you need F4-B46-0933-H0 for the rear the k 30 is a diff part number i dont know where you got F4-B46-0933-H1

Last edited:

rnd-motorsports

WOW a lot of confushion here and I added to it I read wanting part numbers for 1028 so My first post stated them numbers but that was not asked by you so sorry! now agree if you have a 1009 then cucvfreek is correct

Cucvnut

WOW a lot of confushion here and I added to it I read wanting part numbers for 1028 so My first post stated them numbers but that was not asked by you so sorry! now agree if you have a 1009 then cucvfreek is correct
its all good man ! just making sure we get the right trucks the right info !

edpdx

AARRGGHHH! I finally think I have the right part ordered. I think the confusion is the last digit of the part I originally ordered. I don't know if it is my fault or not; but I ordered the "...H1" Instead of the "...H0" shock.

Thanks to all of you for your help.aua

Wolf.Dose

Do not order Balzer parts these days, you get S10 parts! Ask for K5 Parts! Or CD10516 / CK10516. Rancho alos has some very good shocks in its prorgam. I used them for some 14 years without any trouble.
Wolf

Wolf.Dose

I do not have all partnumber present in my brain. My post was just a simple advice to avoid problems, for I experianced that the guyes in the shops take balzer for the S10, not only in Germany, also as well in the states! So, CUCVFREAK, keep patient, do not treat me like that. I do not like that!
Wolf
Dipl.-Ing.
government recognized motor vehicle expert
14 years with a M1009 and 372000 km (died of RUST),
since 28 years with a M715 and 90000 miles + driven by myself (2 times D-Day in Normandy),
since 22 years with a Mitsubishi J24 KAI and 73000 km driven by myself (2000 in Beltring),
since 30 Years with a DKW Sport 250 of 1938, several thousand km and in 1989 participating in D-Day,
not to mention my trailers.
Wolf

Last edited:

Wolf.Dose

CUCVFRAK,
your answer showed me, I got you somewhere. And you do not like that. The same way I do not like. For me this is over and out. And I only wanted to help. Thats all.
Wolf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks