• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bolts all over my body...

redline300

I hear ya! If more women were like me, I just might have more than 2 female friends out of hundreds of males! And thank you...I take pride in accomplishing new things and mastering a skill better than those around me...

deuceaid

Banned
sorry its late to comment, but another trick to filling sheetmetal holes is to back up the weld area with a block of aluminum,,, the weld (steel) wont stick to the aluminum and gives a solid surface to stop the welding wire/rod from making a large clump on the other side of the sheetmetel ( a trick we used in restoring classic cars with REAL metal):deadhorse:

redline300

sorry its late to comment, but another trick to filling sheetmetal holes is to back up the weld area with a block of aluminum,,, the weld (steel) wont stick to the aluminum and gives a solid surface to stop the welding wire/rod from making a large clump on the other side of the sheetmetel ( a trick we used in restoring classic cars with REAL metal):deadhorse:
That is WONDERFUL info! I wish I had been told that before I finished! It would have saved a lot of time and grinding!! :cry:

jamesfrom180

Its really hard to back the holes!! Copper is used alot for the same reasons it will not flow and bond with the iron or any other metal. That is why almost all welding claps have copper shoes.

I'm happy to see people actually willing to help. :grd:

deuceaid

Banned
Yeah,,,, sorry,,, but most of the time I skip cucv threads more since I have a deuce :roll:, and it seems like half the post are electric problems..

niferous

I'd stay away from the solid composite abrasives as well and go with a flap wheel disc and then polish smooth by hand with paper or pad.