• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake shoe anchor pins needed

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks,

I'd need one set of brake shoe anchor pins/bolts. One long one, one short one, two horseshoe clips. I do have the spring.

I need them put-in-an-envelope-and-mail-it urgently.

Tried local heavy equipment/truck supply; have the Rockwell catalogues but the parts are retired.
Yes, I tried the usual vendors, but the brake shoe hardware kits are on backorder. I have had my truck in the driveway with a front brake drum off for a week and need to get it moving asap. Bylaw issue. Long story.

Please PM if you have a spare set.

Carl_in_NH

I think Erik's Military Surplus has them - bought a bunch of break parts and seals from him a short time ago. I suspect he can overnight them to you.

rizzo

I have several used brake parts in a box and on backer plates for a deuce if anyone finds they are missing a part. all used, cylinders need to be cleaned and rebuilt.

kurtkds

For what's its worth. I have seen a piece of all thread and some nylock nuts and flat washers used as a replacement.

I think that was a field repair.:-D

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For what's its worth. I have seen a piece of all thread and some nylock nuts and flat washers used as a replacement.

I think that was a field repair.:-D
I was wondering that, too. A suitable shoulder bolt, a nut and a washer welded on...but I still have to go through safety inspection and if they decide to pull that particular wheel I'd feel not so hot.

Thx for the pointers; Erik came through.