• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bridge plate for trailers

Armada

I'm restoring an M101 and upon removing the layers of paint on it, I found the yellow, circular weight class marking on the right hand side. I couldn't make out the number on it, but want to put it back after it's repainted. What is the standard number for the 3/4T M101 trailer? Thanks

Armada

Thanks. I checked it out and they show a '4' for the 1.5T trailer, nothing for the 3/4T. I don't have the fm for it. Anyone know what it should be?
Thanks

knattrass

We are looking at stripping/painting our m101. We took photos of all the markings but did not see a bridge class number. Be interested in seeing trailer marks from others. Thanks.

54reo

knattrass said:
We are looking at stripping/painting our m101. We took photos of all the markings but did not see a bridge class number. Be interested in seeing trailer marks from others. Thanks.
From my old POS M105 (original military markings)....

Attachments

saddamsnightmare

August 28th, 2008.

My 1968 Johnson Corp M105 A2 in MERDC or NATO 4 color Woodland has a Black "4" in a black ring, equivalent to 54reo's yellow circle with black 4. I guess when they went to camouflage instead of OD they minimized the appearance of the bridge stencil, kinda like the black 8 in a black ring on my 686A Tan cargo deuce "Saddam's Nightmare". Contact Rick Larsen.... I'm sure he has the stencils you'll want....

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm & Vietnam Deuce....
1968 Johnson Corp M105A2 Cargo Trailer
1967 Hercules MEP023A gas Gen-Set APU
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog, S.404.114 MB