• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Budd hubs to 8x6.5 bolt pattern?

tobyS

I have the 6 lug bud wheels on a M105 with 9.00x20's and also have some Hummer wheels/tires that have 8 x 6.5". I designed a 1" thick plate with proper drilling so the 6 bolts can be reversed and the nut used on the trailer hub. With a countersunk hole, the top is flush. New studs then protrude the other way for holding the wheel. It's not that complicated for a machine shop to do countersunk holes (on reversed sides of the plate) on the two different bolt circles. There is no bolt interference if spaced properly. I laid it out full scale.

As I have a new trailer axle with electric brakes I'm not going the adapter route but instead using the bed on a fabricated frame with my wider, lower Hummer wheel/tires. Thus I'm doing what Recovry4x4 suggested after making a drawing of the adapter. The reason for me, at least, is because I get two trailers from the one, using parts I have already. But the adapter route is entirely possible for getting one lower and wider.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks