• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cam fuel pump

2w091

Can this NSN mechanical fuel pump be used on the 6.5 engine?

Also the metering injection pump

I'm challenged at finding this in the TM's.....................:cry:

Last edited:

2w091

6.5 natural aspirated, 1995 M1025A2
These parts are available for us through LESO

I'm mainly concerned with the mechanical pump, ours is leaking, a slow drip when idling. We lost our HMMWV mechanic who worked at the shop we used. He said it wasn't a big deal but if I could I should replace it.

Last edited:

Wire Fox

6.5 natural aspirated, 1995 M1025A2
These parts are available for us through LESO

I'm mainly concerned with the mechanical pump, ours is leaking, a slow drip when idling. We lost our HMMWV mechanic who worked at the shop we used. He said it wasn't a big deal but if I could I should replace it.
He's right about not a big deal from everything I've read, but most leaks should also be easy enough to repair. A rebuild shop should be able to do the work for you for only a few hundred dollars if you have a competant local shop. You could also replace seals around the servo assembly on the bottom of the pump if you have someone that's handy and can follow the details that are in the TMs.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pump needs to come out regardless to repair. I use diamond diesel, they are standadyne distributor and charge the same price for a rebuild as they do for a rebuilt pump.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also you say mechanical pump? You mean the fuel pump? If so...easy to replace and available locally. They leak all the time at the diaphragm. The fuel pumps are like 35.00 or so...
my other post was about the injector pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks