• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can anyone vouch for this hydroboost (Cardone 52-7248)

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Gotta replace my hydroboost and since this is one the of easiest, most cost effective options I see, just want to verify if anyone knows of any better options and obviously validate this will work if possible.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Online info shows it is correct for the blazer, but not the pickup.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A site search for "52-7248" seems to pull up a few threads.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
found this, posted

Here is list from area parts stores
NAPA--$178
O'Reilly--$129
Advance--$107
AutoZone--$98
All same brand-same part #527248 :?:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you search before posting?

Please donate 25 to you favorite charity, in my name.:doghead:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think quality of the part was more the question over fit. At least that is the info I'm hoping turns up. Same part fits my burb.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Napa does use cardone, or cardone does sell to many retailers under their own names

I crossed the GM # 2770317 to the same number(527248)

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Well then, I let you know how it goes once they ship it in. If it is jacked up, we'll just blame doghead. LOL.

I'll also let you know about the Murray 432098 radiator. To get my speedometer working, gonna replace that dang plastic thingy and 41 tooth gear gadget to boot.

It will all get fixed or I can still blame it on doghead.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Proceed with caution, I made an error earlier today, that I still feel bad about.

Hoping to redeem myself...

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Thanks. Maybe I should do one of those picture by picture tutorials. I'll do it at my level: Step 1 Find 14mm combination wrench. Step 2 Place wrench over nut shown. Step 3 Turn wrench and nut in a counter-clockwise as far as possible. Step 4 Pull wrench off of nut. Step 5 Put wrench back onto nut in a position to be able to continue turning in a counter-clockwise manner. Step 6 Pull wrench off nut.......get the picture.

BTW, NAPA continues to be on my feces list for yet another oof. Speaking of quality, I ordered the KD hone from them.....it wasn't KD. This follows the event last month where the NAPA guy, who appeared very annoyed I had called, told me to order an item from the website even before I told him half of the part number.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finding a decent counter guy is getting increasingly difficult. It might be easier to find an honest politician........naw, not that hard.

Gonzomatic

I put a Cardone hydro boost in my 1008 about a year ago. I would sporadically lose power assist and after replacing the pump failed to fix the problem I swapped the booster. It works fine and fixed my problem. The hardest part of install was removing the large nut that secures the unit to the bracket that mounts to the firewall. It requires a large socket which I don't have. I ended up cutting it in half to get it off. Good luck! Gonz.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
As my other thread showed, the first hydroboost was defective. Got the new one today. Took pictures but will post those as a step by step thread on replacing it. So far, the new one appears to be working.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks