• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

changed fuel filters now no power

jrobinson5093

I just changed all three fuel filters on my m35a2 now it dont seem to have half the power that it did and no smoke at all. it was smokin pretty good. Does any one no the reason for this?

DieselBob

I am guessing that either one of the filters is not the correct filter ? If they are the correct ones maybe one is not aligned on the head mounting correctly restricting the flow. Maybe sucking air at one of the can gaskets. Does your engine have the clear fuel lines. Do you see any bubbles in the lines ?

jrobinson5093

My guess was the filter not aligned right, but i figured if it was not right it would not run right under heavy throttle but it does not cut out or anything it is just a lot slower.

rrrr

When you changed the filters did you bleed the air out of the system ?

Sounds like an air leak also, probably at the primary filter.

jrobinson5093

I dont think its the fuel i had the same fuel in it before i changed them and it run fine, it just started cuttin out under heavy throttle in high gear. the truck had a filters made of wound sting as the secondary filters and a paper element for the primarly. the ones i put in were all paper would that have any thing to do with it. the were wix brand part numbers 33511 for the primary and 33512 for the other two now i have to put a flat washer on top of the spring in the primary to hold the filter up because the hole in the bottom of the filter was larger than the one i took out. the truck does not sputter or any thing it runs smooth it just has way lil power.

jrobinson5093

the truck always had good power but a few weeks ago it started to have a lot more power and smoke and a few people on here to me it was my filters cloggin up. it did fine until yesterday it started starvin for fuel in high gear i changed the filters and now very lil power.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dont think its the fuel i had the same fuel in it before i changed them and it run fine, it just started cuttin out under heavy throttle in high gear. the truck had a filters made of wound sting as the secondary filters and a paper element for the primarly. the ones i put in were all paper would that have any thing to do with it. the were wix brand part numbers 33511 for the primary and 33512 for the other two now i have to put a flat washer on top of the spring in the primary to hold the filter up because the hole in the bottom of the filter was larger than the one i took out. the truck does not sputter or any thing it runs smooth it just has way lil power.
l
You could put a gage on the finial filter bleed and see if you got the correct pressures?

dobyg75

the truck always had good power but a few weeks ago it started to have a lot more power and smoke and a few people on here to me it was my filters clogging up. it did fine until yesterday it started starvin for fuel in high gear i changed the filters and now very lil power.
i have a few concerns first if your getting more power that is not a symptom of clogged filters. more power and smoke would be a result of more fuel being introduced to the engine
second if you changed your filters make sure they are the correct ones your primary filter should be some where around a 15ppm filter and the secondary should be around a 5ppm not sure if it differs because of wmo thats what it sould be for strait diesel
next do you run spin on filters? you need to check that the filters are not double sealed causing you to suck air
if this is not the issue you will need to check you fuel pumps do you run a charge pump or a suction pump? ether way you need to check the pressures at the filters to eliminate this as your problem

if the problem still occurs let me know and well trouble shoot some more hope this helps, Bryan

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
4 to 7 with intank alone and I think 30 idle and 60 lb at 2500 with out looking at the TM's

You could also check for volume by takeing off return line at the tank.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
jrobinson now i have to put a flat washer on top of the spring in the primary to hold the filter up because the hole in the bottom of the filter was [/QUOTE said:
Something don't sound right there. The filters in order are washer spring washer O ring and the brass looking cup with cup faceing up to seal the filter.
I always recomend change out all filters before you run these machines. to many have had the filters installed wrong or with missing parts.

Has your FDC been bypassed.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks