• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Changing fuel filter on cat

Coalman

I just got my new fuel filter and was wandering how do you get the air out when you change the filter it is upside down I alway fill them with fuel on my other diesels Also is there a filter in the water seperator ? thanks

glcaines

I have to tell you that when I changed the fuel filter on my A3, I had a lot of problems getting it to run again. After changing the filter, it started right up and ran for about 10 seconds and died. It took a total of about ten minutes of cranking before it would start again. The ten minutes was not all at once, this was over about an hours time as I didn't want to overheat the starter. You are not supposed to have to bleed the air. The TM says to just install the new filter and then start the engine. Seems to work well for everyone except me. I also had great difficulty removing the old filter. I almost broke my strap wrench.

Also, when draining the water from the separator, I opened the petcock and had to use a piece of welding rod to rod out the trash plugging the petcock.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks