• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

changing primary fuel filter

jollyroger

I have had issues with my primary fuel filter too. I changed all the filters before hunting camp and the **** primary started leaking when we pre ran to camp. It did not leak in the shop or on my test drives. It started leaking 14 miles into some REMOTE country. It would not stop leaking. I tightened, lossened, beat on it, cussed it. pleaded with it. Nothing worked. Came back to the farm and ordered JaTonka's kit. I only had a week before we were gonna turn around and go back up to hunt. I had to leave before I could get the kit. Somewhere on the way to camp the canister gasket relaxed and stopped leaking.

We took 2 people to try and tighten it while in the woods. One guy with his arm in the fender well holding the wrench on the top bolt and me under the truck with the channel locks. I know. Right tool for the job?

I have held off installing the JaTonka kit because I wanted the whole system so I could put the deuce down once to do the conversion. Luckilly, I peaked and saw I am getting the secondary fuel kit and the oil filter kit for Christmas.:grin: SHHHHHH! don't tell or Santa may take it all back.

dabtl

You will be disappointed when you install all of the kits. After half an hour all the fun is over. The kits are in and you are good to go. Changing filters becomes a bore as opposed to searching out TM instructions.

The only consolation for your disappointment in having less to do will be when you look under the hood and realize how glad you are that they are there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks