• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clicking Solenoid

wisconsin93

The solenoid on the top right side of the firewall has been ticking profusely for a good months now and only gets more and more frequent and ticks aster and faster. I bought a new one and it continues to do so and I dont know why it does this. The ticking is consistent to when my generator 2 light comes on. It stays on for the duration of the ticking and ten turns off as the clicking stops. the generator 1 light flashes at on and off of the clicking as well. I replaced the 2 relays under the center of the dash(i think they were the generator relays. not sure but I was willing to try anything) and it didnt change a thing. the batteries as a result go dead every couple of days and with the extremely cold winter weather that doesnt make for very lovely situations when I need it to start. I was told it was possibly the capacitor(looks somewhat like an aa battery on the back of one of the alternators) I was wondering what you guys thought it could be as most of you have a good deal more experience with these trucks and engine set ups than I do
thanks a lot

tankie88

I had the same prob but all my gen lights were playing normal.I also changed the relay(coz it looked like noah put it there when he built the ark) The same thing still happened.I loosend all connections and cleaned them.Rebuilt both altenators.Swopped batt positions.Was still the same.So i pulled all fuses one at a time and cleaned/WD 40 them and presto no clickin anymore.Dunno what happened there,but it worked.

cpf240

It sounds like your glow plug relay is cycling. Follow the glow plug system test procedure in the TMs. My guess would be either a bad controller card, or more likely, a bad glow plug temp sensor.

cpf240

At the top of the site, click where it says "Technical Manuals", and go to the CUCV section. the -10 is the basic user manual, the -20 and -34 are repair manuals, and the -20p and -34p manuals are parts books. They are all in PDF format, and full of most of the information you need to operate and maintain these trucks.

Using the information in the TMs, you can troubleshoot these issues. One thing is to *always* start electrical troubleshooting with fully charged and load-tested batteries. If you don't have a load tester, most local auto parts places can test them for you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks