• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Come 'back' to Daddy

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Ecostruction delivered my deuce today. I am now officially a member of the deuce club. I didn't have anytime to play before returning to the house.

For those that don't remember, I've included the thread from quite awhile back about this deuce. This deuce was one of my deuces when I was the commander of a reserve unit back in my weekend warrior days.

It is the plain green one that is only in one photo. At first opportunity, I will be getting more photos of it.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=16079&highlight=deuce

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took photos. I will post when I can. Uneventful trip, as it should be. She pulls really strong. Didn't even notice there was a 105 behind me. Always liked that truck. Glad it went to a better home. Thanks CARNAC for giving No. 2 a good home.

Oh, and welcome to the club!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
What a great story!

Welcome to the Deuce club Carnac... :beer:

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CARNAC is such a great guy. I didn't realize that he had been in an accident and that he was still trying to figure out a way to get up to me to retrieve his deuce and trailers. He was enlisting the help of others when I realized, that the easiest thing to do would be to deliver everything to him. So that's what we did last sunday (2/1/09). So this delivery story shall serve as his "recovery" story.

The whole thing was pretty uneventful, but slightly nostalgic. You can read from my initial recovery story how that went. The guy who helped me retrieve this truck initially was my chase driver this time. This was his favorite truck out of my 6 (now 5). He drove this one most of the way home.

We were to meet around 11 at my house to get everything ready. CARNAC and I have been trying to do this for well over a month now. I had problems a while ago with a rotten brake line and wanted to get the truck re-inspected in PA before selling it to anyone. So one Tuesday back in December I was to take the truck to my mechanic for a good going over and a thorough check of the brakes. Got in to start it up, and the brake pedal goes to the floor. CRAP. Had some pressure, but could hear a leak. So I looked under the truck, and sure enough there was a bunch of fluid dripping down around the air tanks. Finally found the leak in the corroded line that goes behind the tanks along the frame. So I went to NAPA in the snow to buy some brake line and proceeded to replace it myself in the snow storm. Needless to say, it was miserable. Mind you I was only trying to get it driveable to get it to the shop. Which I did. Then they made everything right and it passed PA inspection.

CARNAC was also getting a M105 trailer and a M101 trailer (the 101 is nothing to write home about). I had too much stuff. So about 10:30 I left the house to fuel up. Then returned to the house to retrieve my chase driver, who would also be towing the 101. We loaded up our stuff and headed out to get the trailers which were up the street at a neighbors farm. The whole field was icy and I have been having problems with my neck and shoulders. So everytime I would slip and catch myself, I sharp pain would shoot through my shoulder blades around to my chest. Driving a deuce 100 miles with a box seat was not looking like fun. We hooked up fine and headed out. We were trying to retrieve some extra items for CARNAC at an unknown location. We arrived at the plant, but our contact was long gone and we were only 15 minutes late at 12:15. Was a drag because I thought we were going to one location, but what we were trying to retrieve was at another location. So, we headed south, empty. Made our way back to I-15 south towards Thurmont, Md. When we hit the on-ramp I stopped to check everything and gave a quick call to CARNAC to let him know of the status, then quickly mounted up and hit the highway. Uneventful trip down, though the deuce seems to run out of steam about 2200-2300 RPM except of course on a slight down-hill. I've posted about this before, but haven't tried to ID the problem. Othewise this truck pulls better than any I have. I can keep it in 5th at 25-30 and hit the pedal and off we go. Pulls really strong. CARNAC may be able to figure out the top end issue. If he ever notices it.

CARNAC has storage lined up in a most unique, but secure, area which we hit around 2 pm. But, due to the accident, had no ride to meet us. So we waited a bit, but not long and soon enough, he took posession. We chatted a bit, looked at the results of the accident to his CUCV :shock:, then dropped him off at the house. We then headed back to york, a bit sad the truck is gone, but happy to know where it went.

Told you it was uneventful. Pics attached until CARNAC can take his own.

Eco

Attachments

rockman

Reunited and it feels so good....

Eco, it looks like your pulled the insert from your tank while refueling? Is that what is on the ground near the rear wheel?

Bill

avengeusa

congrats, it is even better to have you old truck than just any deuce......

I am about 2 weeks from owning my own, a guy on this board has been patiently waiting for me to pick mine up, I cannot wait, and am very happy to hear you have one of your own now

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CARNAC: Beautiful truck...and, best of all, you have some history with it. There are not many (if any) people on this list that can say they knew a particular truck that they happen to own while they were in service! Good luck! Let me know if I can help you with anything.

motorolanut

WHAT!! You are lucky I didn't snatch it up then..LMAO
Just Kidding....

I know there is guy down the road about two miles from me with a beautiful M37.....But Its not for sale....:cry:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks