• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Correct Alternator Pulley

cjkeeliii

Does anyone know where I can get the correct diameter pulley for my m1008's alternator? I have an extra alternator, but with a smaller diameter pulley than my ohter alts. I've searched the net fruitlessly. Does diameter of pulley matter? Thanks.

Stihl029

Well I have found the PN 1978068 in -34P but its not popping up with an NSN so that is rather odd. Will look further into it. I have found all the specs for one on a m1010 but not the others.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have the dimensions you should be able to get the pulley from a "real" auto parts store, or, try a local alternator/starter rebuilder. The width of the grove is important also.

scottodog

Get a shorter belt. The alt I got from autozone for the drivers side had a smaller pulley and I just got a slightly shorter belt and it works fine.

SmokeyDod

Maybe you already know and have checked this, it is not only the length of belt that's important, it's also the correct width of belt versus pulley width for which it's designed. If your belt is "slipping" or "squealing", look how the belt is laying in the "V" groove. I believe it should ride maybe a 1/32" to 1/16" above top of pulley. If it's riding way down below top edges of pulley, then you either have wrong belt or pulley or the belt is worn so bad that it ain't even funny. Just something else to look at when talking belts/pulleys. Smokey

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks