• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Correct Deuce Air Filter - Donaldson P11-7551 doesn't exist?

TCB

Wix air filter

I called around and check the WIX P#42837 and found it to be at 365CFM- closer to the 410 but not spot on- probably better than my current semi dirty one but I am going to do the wash and check it. OEs are currently out of stock at the 3 places I tried.

Planning on a possible trip from MN to AZ in a couple weeks so time to get all freshened up.:driver:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Resurrecting an old thread - new insights?

Resurrecting an old thread. I noticed that the current parts interchange list (sticky) http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/82427-deuce-parts-quick-reference-spreadsheet.html does not (no longer) provide air filter information.

What is the current wisdom on which industrial air filter is a match? Clearly, ordering from the many excellent vendors is preferred, but there should also be a local option. Parts numbers welcome.

Last edited:

TCB

The WIX #42837 worked fine for my trip from MN to Tucson AZ- Still looks fine- No problem noted- ran mix fuel the whole way- added 5 more 50 gallon tanks, blended before I left waste oil/gas/diesel (old from the tanks I bought ) and made it the whole way YES that is 300 gallons of capacity now- What a trip.:beer:

Bill W

As mentioned the NAPA/Wix filter will work but at a restricted airflow ( in pic the napa filter is on left stock oem on right ), now after saying that I had a napa filter in my first deuce for several years and she ran fine.

Attachments

Last edited:

JasonS

If air flow with the smaller filter is really a problem, it should trip the air filter indicator. If it does not, the air filter is fine.