• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cranetruck tire bead breaker

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went to a local tire shop for more info and they use a liquid soap on the bead area before breaking it loose, sort of a soap "penetrent", since oil is not good to use on tires. The Tire Slick (image below) is also used for mounting the tire. I'll try this on next one...

Attachments

armytruck63

Years ago my dad and I had to remove some fossilized tires from some WWII jeep split rim wheels. Since the tires were trash, we lined up our M37 carefully and drove over the old jeep tires to break the bead. We turned the tires several times to get a new "bite" before the bead let loose all the way around.

pittdog

hey cranetruck !!! Leme tell you how we did it in the 70's... Broke the split ring.... Put dish soap round the rim... Took nother deuce rolled over the tire... Back up... Turn the tire... Do the same ... Over and over ! Bingo ! Broke it lose !!!... 52-d ret .usa ret !
;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks