• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crap. Found this broken large bolt in driveway, with pic.

K9Vic

Yeah, if I was not late in my reply I was going to say starter bolt.

I know I posted this in another thread a few days ago, but this is important so these types of broken bolts issues do not happen.

So........I had a M1009 that did not have the brace when I went over everything and since they are not available anymore I made one with a piece of metal stock, in a "L". I took the one out of my M1031 as a blue print and to match the bend I cut out a small V and bent it to make the angle and welded it. Drilled the holes and filed them out to match. Worked great and and looked great when installed. It is pretty simple to make, but you really need to weld it when you bent it so it will not bend out.

Last picture is the OEM bracket to compare with my homemade one.

Attachments

iacucv

Thanks for the picture K9vic, might have to fire up the miller depending on what I find. Haven't even got to look at it yet, worked 430am to 330pm and gotta hit the rack soon to be back in around 3. Long 4 days, but the 3 day weekends Are nice!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks