• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crew Cab Navy M916 variant?

Whitey

It's a Mark V Special Operations Craft. Popular Mechanics did an excellent article on them a while back. Pretty sweet. I could definately catch some fish with that baby!

70deuce

Definitely a Mark V Spec Ops boat and it looks like Coronado, CA. Four 50 cals under those covers. Twin 12 cylinder diesels powering water jets propulsion heads. 45 plus knots. Joystick steering and controls. 5 point harnesses on all seats. I have to find and post the pictures of my "ride" in San Diego Harbor on one of these. I was lucky enough to drive the boat I was in, fly it is more like it, around the harbor with a second boat to "play" with. These things accelerate and handle like a Ferrari. Totally reversable water jets allow them to turn and stop on a dime. You can get some serious lateral G's in tight turns thus the 5point harness.

70deuce

This bad a.. thing has twin 2285 HP engines!! More specs courtesy "American Special Ops"

Crew5 Crew CapacityCrew + 16 SEALs + mission equipmentEngines2 x 2285 HP MTU 12V396 TE94 enginesWaterjets2 x KaMeWa K50S WaterjetsDimensionsLength - 82 ft
Height - 17.5 ft
Draft - 5ftWeights57+ tons displacementMax Speed 47-50 knotsRange550+ nautical milesArmamentm2 .50 machine guns
m240 machine guns
m134 miniguns
Mk19 40 40mm grenade launchersAvionicsGPS navigation
Radar
LORAN
Secure radio communications (UHF/VHF/HF/SATCOMMs)
IFF transponder

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's not a BASS BOAT.... it's a BAD A$$ BOAT ! !
I like it and like many before me, I WANT it - Boat AND land rig too!

and it reminds me.....

Ships of the United States Navy are christened: USS _____ for United States Ship.
Ships of the British Navy are named: HMS _______ for His/Her Majesty's Ship.
While Craft of the Italian Naval Forces are prefaced: DMB _______ for "Datsa Ma Boata" :shock:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Man, what a beast. I enjoyed my time living and working in SE Virginia because there was always a chance of seeing some great military hardware on the roads. I saw at least a dozen different crew-cab International or Ford 6x6's pulling large boats and other cool Seabee stuff, but I never saw anything as wicked as that truck, trailer, and boat combo! Thanks for the eye candy!

Flat Black

as noted, that is an FLD120 Freightliner cab, readily available in crew cab configuration. In fact there was one posted here in another thread that was for sale for about 35 grand (black crew cab)

IMO, the Navy truck posted is ugly as ****, proportions are all wrong and it really has no style or character like the older trucks do. Crew cabs are nice to have in almost any truck just for the extra room, but that design is horrible.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks