• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crippled bed... what to do with it?

Jakob

The bed on my truck is pretty much trashed. It's a troop bed, the stakes are junked, the cover has a big hole in it and it's completely rotted through in several places. I use the bed for hauling stuff, so I want something utilitarian. I use to be a steel fabricator and have access to a small steel shop.
If you have a thought or idea that isn't on my list, discuss it here.

54reo

If the bed sides and floor are junk as well, perhaps find someone bobbing a deuce and buy a full bed from them. Sometimes they use a M105 bed in the bobbing process.

There was a member not long ago that had a really nice bed w/ troop seats for sale in Indiana at a reasonable price. I just can't recall his name....

ygmir

I've got, I think, it's an M211 or 135 bed,,,,,,I think if you cut the inside fender wells and turn them over and reweld, it looks about the same as my M35 bed........
And, I don't have a use for it......
Of course, I'm on the wrong coast, but, if you have someone out here to get it........

Henry

Jakob

A free, or nearly that, is pretty much my budget right now. I have a clutch and rear main that I REALLY need to get replaced. Thanks for the offers though!
Tim: Where is offroads shop?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I voted for make your own drop side. It will keep you off the streets for a while. 8) I do have drop side fair shape for sale. :D

Jakob

Re: RE: Crippled bed... what to do with it?

54reo said:
Free might be kinda hard to come by.

Offy is in northern Alabama.
Well, I figured with what I'd get back in scrapping the old bed, that'd make up some of the difference in the "new" one.

Floridianson said:
I voted for make your own drop side. It will keep you of the streets for a while. Cool I do have drop side fair shape for sale.
If I make my own dropside, I'm going to design it so I can have the troop seats too. I have an idea where I could flip the seats to the outside of the sides and pin them in. Then, unpin the sides to drop them. I have it sketched on paper, but a little harder to put into words.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Beds are not that hard to find just look a bit. There are alot coming out in TN and what about the junkyards up there?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks