• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS inflation time

ichudov

I finally took the time to check CTIS on my M931A2.

To my delight, CTIS seems to be working. If I press the SAND or EMERgency button, the tires deflate.

If, later, I press the HWY button, my tires inflate.

What surprised me is just how long it takes the tires to inflate. Something like 30 minutes. While I realize that the compressor is not that big, and the tires are huge, I still wonder if this is normal. I am not complaining, mind you, I am happy and I will be unlikely to use CTIS much, but I want to know if everything is OK or I have a problem. Thanks

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It seems like my M925A2 took quite a while to re-inflate the tires as well. It would drop the air pressure to 90 PSI and then wait until the air compressor had filled the tanks back up to 120 PSI until it began filling the tires again. I don't think mine took 30 minutes, but I don't have an exact time for you.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Think about how big the tires are and how SMALL the COMPRESSOR is trying to fill 6 tires . Takes awhile for my 80 gal. shop compressor to fill one of these tires .

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depends whether you are sitting at idle or running her at 1500-2000 rpm. RTK has it on the money. I have a small leak somewhere, but **** if I can find it, none of the tires go flat, but when I start it, I'll use the hand idle at 1500 rpm and it takes care of the CTIS filling in a minute or two. I like the CTIS, it sure made a difference in the snow. I got stuck about 10 ft into deep snow, dropped it down to sand, went right through it then.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks