• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Door lock replacement

WARWAG

Well today was Christmas for me. All of the stuff I ordered all came in at once! More on that later. Included in that bag of goodies were my door locks for my M1028. Since I was going to replace them I thought I would post some pics to show those of you who havent done it how easy and cheap it is to do. I paid $22.43 for the new locks. It took me a total of about 45 minutes to do. I have never done this before and on a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being the hardest) I would rate this as a 1 on the difficulty list. The first door took me 30 minutes to do. The window crank clip proved to be the hardest thing since I didnt know what I was in for. Even so its super simple and all you need are the most basic of hand tools. Pliers, needle nose, phillips screw driver. I also cleaned up the inside doors and panel area. There was a considerable amount of caked on dust. The next door took half the time and I was answering phone calls through out the whole process. Here are the pics.

(Can a Mod go min and fix my screw up? Should be "Door" Thanks)

Last edited by a moderator:

WARWAG

You will need to reuse the arm and clip off of the original door lock. Its nice being able to lock my doors now!

Attachments

tim292stro

Do you have a picture of how you installed them (from inside the door)? There's not much to mess up, but if you got the left and right actuators swapped when you attached them to the cylinders it won't work...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks