• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Front Right Axle/Spring U-Bolt

Greatthumper

M1008. I am trying to find the Front Right Axle/Spring U-Bolt GM# 370054. I have everything to put new front springs and shocks. I can not even find the size of the U-Bolt. It is a single U-Bolt for that side and is NOT the same as the two on the Left side. TM9-2320-289-34P, FIGURE 148, Part #25

Jeepadict

That part is not a military specific part, so it will be easily found by most places that deal with the 73-87 Squarebody trucks, you may even find it at your local parts store like Napa. Tell them you have an 84 K30 with the 6.2L Diesel and TH400 trans...do not tell them you have a CUCV, it confuses folks who don't know what they are.

Classic Industries
Classic Parts of America
USA1 Industries
LMC Truck
Tuckers Parts
Brothers

Google is also good to sniff out parts since you got the part number from the TM, that should be a GM part number. Many places sell Dana axle and Squarebody suspension stuff.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Greatthumper

I have spent way over a week looking thru threads on this site. I dreaded posting at all. I did not want anyone saying "did you check this site before posting your question"? I have Googled the GM part number (it dose not exist). I have checked all the sites suggested before with only two being new to me. I have only a vague idea as to the size of the u-bolt. All my searches come back for the left side front, rear spring u-bolts and the universal u-joints. I even have apprehension about responding to the comments here. I have been layed up with injuries for a couple of years and have spent several years sitting on a couch, ( Thank God for a Wonderful Wife). I am just asking for what I thought should be simple information to find.

CARC686

I dunno what they look like on the pickup. I recently replaced the u-bolts on my Blazer and when I didn't know what size to get, I just crawled under there with a HFT micrometer.

Here are your options:

Mic it out and get whatever looks right.

Jeepadict

A couple CUCV specific sources:

@cucvrus (you can message him directly)
Hilbilly Wizzard
Jack's Surplus

Also, have you checked with a local driveline or suspension shop? Remember, it's just an 84 K30 to them.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Greatthumper

I dunno what they look like on the pickup. I recently replaced the u-bolts on my Blazer and when I didn't know what size to get, I just crawled under there with a HFT micrometer.

Here are your options:

Mic it out and get whatever looks right.
Thank You

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks