• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Gauge Replacement Write-up Suggestions?

redwolf3

Hey Guys-
I am actually about 90% of the way through making some modifications to the gauge panel on my M1009. I am replacing the dummy lights with gauges (well, one of them anyways). I am planning to do a write up on my conversion which includes a fair number of pictures (I've snapped about 80 so far, but I'm sure only 10 - 20 of those will make it into the final write-up.

While I still have it torn apart, I'm curious if there are any pictures or parts to this write-up that people would like taken. Here is a list of what has been done so far:

- Added an Autometer 2 1/16" Voltmeter into the "Gen 1" dummy light location, attempting to make it look as factory as possible while maintaining ease of site of the gauge.
- Relocated the "Gen 1" dummy light to the "Gen 2" dummy light location (since I don't have a Gen 2 anymore).
- Added a simple aftermarket gauge wiring harness with a simple plug for ease of removal of the dash panel later.
- Added provisions for additional gauges and signals in the harness for later use.
- Pictures of which lines to tap for +12v remote and Dimmer Light power.

If there is anything else you guys are interested in, I'm all ears. Once I have gotten all the pictures snapped, and made sure that everything is kosher in the M1009, I will start on the write-up, so look for that in a few weeks as well.

Thanks.

redwolf3

Not a problem CCATLETT1984, I've gotten plenty of pictures of which wires to tap. I will try and get a couple of more just to make sure I got them clearly enough for you though ;)

BKinzey

Well, you are already swapping meters but I have heard a mid '80s Medium Duty Truck dash is the same cluster. Has a 5,000 RPM tach and an air guage. Might be worth looking into for just the tach.

CCATLETT1984

as far as the tach goes a simple circuit an be made to use the ESS signal from a vac pump from a california truck. you just bolt the other vaccuum pump in, run a few wires and you can use ANY gasoline tach that you want.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks