• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV-II Engine Popping Noise

Stonepicker1

Update....Changing out the lifters didn't work. Started it up early this morning with my fingers crossed. Still popping out the intake. Next step will be pulling the engine and removing the head to see what happen. :(

I have to be in PA on Friday morning so it looks like I will be taking my CUCV dually( slower and more fuel)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Phil, I have one and the glowplug adapter. I'll take it to work tomorrow at the port. Will call and let you know where I'm at if you want to slide down and get it! I've already dug it out and put it in the car.

Stonepicker1

Took some time to look at this today,
I put the compression tester that I got from Kenny on the #2 cylinder and it only went up to 260 ft lbs. The other cylinders are around 385 ft lbs.

Looks like I have to pull the engine and remove the head to see what happened.:-(

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Phil,

how are you removing the valve covers without bending the snot out of them? I tried remove the covers from my GEP engine and bent the edges.

Stonepicker1

Hey Phil,

how are you removing the valve covers without bending the snot out of them? I tried remove the covers from my GEP engine and bent the edges.
You have to get a small 2x4 and lay it on the top side of the valve cover and hit it with a BIG hammer a few times. That will break the gasket loose.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks