• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCVRUS Repair Projects

Another Ahab

I was at the hardware store a while back and seen some fancy vice grips by Milwaukee. I looked them over and bought a pair. I have 50 pair of vise grips, but these had cushions on the handles, and I wanted to give them my endurance test. Well, here we are I used them 3 days and they are failures. Now they are sloppy and loose. Massive fail.
That's plain discouraging, when Milwaukee goes cheap and stumbles.

Greed is ugly.

cucvrus

I bought an inexpensive car for fuel mileage, and it is in excellent condition. I am unsure of the condition of the timing belt so as decided I would just change it and change the water pump and all the hoses while I was doing the job. Well, this is why I always laugh when people say get OEM parts such as AC Delco and Genuine GM parts. And they be made in USA. I bought all OEM parts, and they are sourced all over the world. Like it matters if they work. I started looking for parts online. I found all the parts a complete kit for $50. US. That didn’t make me very trusting, so I looked at several other places. I chose the Genuine parts as I could have bought 5 or 6 of the cheap kits but one thing sticks in my mind. Saving money isn’t saving money if the parts fail 100 miles from home and it takes out the engine. So, I have parts from China, Japan, Romania, Germany, Korea to name a few. All these parts are being placed on an American built Chevy that was built in Lordstown Ohio. I feel confident that it will all work out. I bought a few tools for the job, and they were inexpensive also. Have a Great Day. Keep that Genuine GM feeling with Genuine GM parts. Sourced worldwide like they should be.

Attachments

Last edited:

cucvrus

I am off to a good start. I reloomed some wires under the hood of my Cruze and had all good intentions of climbing scaffold and painting out 4 gallons of paint by brush on the barn. Mr Rain gave me a break from that. After 3 bee stings yesterday I was undecided if I should climb back up and get started. Threatening rain was the final decision maker. So I have lots to do here inside the barn with my XM. This is one of them jobs that consumes hours of time but in the end you can see progress. Then tomorrow you start the mess again. Take Care and Be Safe. IMG_2576.jpeg IMG_2577.jpeg IMG_2578.jpeg IMG_2579.jpeg
I am amazed at the accumulation of things. Lots of new LMC parts for my current build. Someday.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am off to a good start. I reloomed some wires under the hood of my Cruze and had all good intentions of climbing scaffold and painting out 4 gallons of paint by brush on the barn. Mr Rain gave me a break from that. After 3 bee stings yesterday I was undecided if I should climb back up and get started. Threatening rain was the final decision maker. So I have lots to do here inside the barn with my XM. This is one of them jobs that consumes hours of time but in the end you can see progress. Then tomorrow you start the mess again. Take Care and Be Safe. View attachment 931126 View attachment 931127 View attachment 931128 View attachment 931129
I am amazed at the accumulation of things. Lots of new LMC parts for my current build. Someday.
Does that mean your gonna get that saw out of the box? Don't tell me you haven't charged the batteries for that lawn mower yet!! Rain should be done by 1!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk