• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Custom front tag for my Deuce

Phansm72

Since I live in SC and we dont need a front tag , I was messing around with some custom made front tags for my deuce and came up with these 3. Which do yall like/not like. 2 are 71 SC replicas and the third is a Nato tag.

Attachments

Last edited:

Phansm72

I have seen many vehicles running around with plates from other states on the front and a SC plate on the rear. Law requires only rear plates here so you can do whatever with the front. I have a real Bahama Government tag on the front of my 70 Plymouth Roadrunner , many police friends , never been an issue. If you try and duplicate current tags I can see that being a problem but the ones I posted are old plates that arent in current use.

Last edited:

glcaines

IMHO.....
Tread carefully on the production and display of "counterfeit" License Plates. If they look too "real" they could become quite EXPEN$IVE for you. Check your state laws before you embark on this endeavor.
I think he's OK regarding counterfeit plates, as long as he has a real SC plate displayed on the rear. Could be a different story if he enters a state that does have front plates, but I think he could explain his way out of it.

I live in Georgia, which also doesn't have front plates, but I normally do not display my rear plate. I have it mounted in a magnetic holder stored inside the cab. I drive my Deuce routinely all over Georgia, East Tennessee and Western North Carolina and have never been pulled over, probably because they assume I am genuine military. My stock Deuce has military markings on it. The local sheriff's dept has no problem with me driving without a rear plate, because they all know me, and they like my Deuce. I am always prepared with the story that I forgot to stick the magnetic holder on the rear.

Flyingvan911

I like the first one the most. #3 is second. #2 third. I made a rear plate mount for my deuce then when I picked up my Missouri BL24 tag, I found out the one and only plate goes on the front. Now I am making a front holder.

glcaines

I like the first one the most. #3 is second. #2 third. I made a rear plate mount for my deuce then when I picked up my Missouri BL24 tag, I found out the one and only plate goes on the front. Now I am making a front holder.
I like the magnetic mounts because they can be easily removed. The ones I use are very well made, with a strong magnet, plastic coated so that it doesn't mar the finish. I got them from Windswept Promotions at Licence Plate Holders - Promote Your Dealership . I went through some poorly made ones prior to this model.

Attachments

jaxsof

In MD we can get a genuine "old" tags, and link it to our historic tags, as long as we have our current tag in the vehicle.

As you're making your own, I really like the NATO tag! It'll keep them guessing, too.