• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Data plates for a M36a1

Dead pilot

I am able to find places to get a m35a2 data plates but I can't find any where to any for my M36a2 wo/ winch. Any inputs?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That plate will be unimaginably difficult to find. You have a rare truck, and the USMC tends to rebuild trucks frequently, upgrading to the 465 engine and becoming an A2.

Dead pilot

What?... Excuses...!:)

(Who owns a Deuce but does not have an angle grinder and a welder, or a friend who has...?)
Good point. I could always do it that.
That plate will be unimaginably difficult to find. You have a rare truck, and the USMC tends to rebuild trucks frequently, upgrading to the 465 engine and becoming an A2.
I thought to be an A2 it had to have the air locker in the front.
I don't have the air locker in mine but I do have the 465

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought to be an A2 it had to have the air locker in the front.
I don't have the air locker in mine but I do have the 465

No sir, A2's had the sprag transfer case up until '71 or so. So probably have a garden variety M36A2. What is your VIN to double check?

Dead pilot

No sir, A2's had the sprag transfer case up until '71 or so. So probably have a garden variety M36A2. What is your VIN to double check?
Data plate is very hard to make out until I can try and clean it off. But I have the numbers on the frame. 0127 10479

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
VINs starting with 01 is either a 1966 or early 67 make by Kaiser Jeep. So you for sure have an A2.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks