• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Bob almost done!

Blood_of_Tyrants

Just got to install the PTO and change a seal in the winch.

Specs: 1972 AM General. Started as a dropside (anyone need a dropside bed? Cheap!). Stock non-whistler engine.

Frame shortened 38".

Suspension and bed and partial frame (to raise the rear end 5") from an M105A2.

That plasma cutter I got from epay really makes short work of steel frames. I started to get an acetylene torch, but a plasma cutter will cut nearly any metal up to about 3/4" thick.

The lug nuts from the M105A2 are identical to the front ones.

Wheels are stock 7 1/2" steel split rims.

Stock inner flaps.

1200X20 inner tubes.

395/85R20 tires (used about 75% but a really good deal).

Hubs flipped.

Air-o-matic air assist steering.

PTO driven winch from a truck I bought from GSA (cable was so tangled and twisted I had to cut it off).

The paint was really thick and cracked so I ended up using a sanding disk on an angle grinder to take it down to bare metal on the doors, hood, fenders, rear wheels and bumper.

The wheels are all the riveted type and my original goal was to drill all the rivets out and flip the dishes. But after drilling out what seemed to be about 100 rivets on the frame and drilling 100 more, I was sick of drilling.

Sprayed three coats of Rapco 383 green on the truck and bed and flat black Rustoleum on the wheels.

Next project: Quad cab deuce with a 5.9l Cummins and automatic transmission out of a school bus. Single axle with 46" or 52" tires on custom tubeless rims. Convert the truck over to 12vdc and add the power steering unit from the bus. Also, air conditioning for the cab.

Attachments

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That really looks sharp, BOT. Nice work! You ought to be able to do the PTO and the seals before Oct 22-25....:razz:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks