• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DEUCE cab

littlebob

I'm in the middle of disassembling the front of my Deuce to get the the cab off. Does anyone know where the horn switch wire exits the steering column, becuse I can' t find it and the horn was working.
Also I need any tips on removing the steering wheel. I've pulled
a few on cars, but there are no puller holes that I can see and the end
of the the shaft looks thin and easy to mess up.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The wire goes right through the steering box and out the bottom. As far as the wheel, the military uses a puller that resembles a big pitman arm puller.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it does not come right off use a puller. The column is easily damaged.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ive always had good luck with an air hammer in the center of the shaft while using my knee to apply pressure on the bottom of the steering wheel and pulling on the top. They always pop right off within seconds.

littlebob

That's what I'm thinking, but I was planning on removing it by hand and the bed is still on. I don't have any lifting equipment handy in the suburban neighborhood I live in. Just trying to find the route of least resistance. It will be another day or two before I have everything else clear and have to make a decision.
Thanks,
Robert

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pull the dash panel and support behind it. That will assist you in twisting the cab every which way to get it around the bed. i'm faced with the same swap here before long and mine is a wrecker so the bed ain't movin.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks