• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Owner Wanna Bee

LT31A

Hello from Maryland. I have been looking for about 3 months to buy one. I am trying to research, so I am informed on what to buy and what NOT to buy. There is a lot of info on here to sort thru. So Any and all suggestions are welcome. Hoping to have a nice winter project to play with.

Srjeeper

Ft.Meade, Chambersburg, Mechanicsburg, Anneville are all close, so you don't need to be running to the other side of the country to pick one up. Watch GL's listings for those sites and you'll start seeing ones ya like and ones ya don't.

Go to some shows and parades to get a closer look and talk to some owners.

Then when the times right you'll jump in and that's when the addiction starts.

L999here

...all well and good...

After your first 'sticker-shock' while looking at the classified ads here,take a stroll thru the GL sales....always a good lesson,as proposed. Most duces have gone up a bit lately...but guys are selling some because of the economy also. Being at the right place and right time is good...but first-time buyers are usually not that lucky. Just like a military manuver....stay focused,don't forget to ask questions and know what you are looking for. It takes time to learn and there is no 'easy' way to do this. Unless you have some experience,enlist some help from a source you can trust. Find someone up your way and press on....

'48Chevy6

Welcome to the Frederick man

Hi Fred,

We're up past Hagerstown a little bit. I see some good advice to hold out for the deuce outfitted the way you want. That tactic didn't work for us though.
If you find one that you like, get it. You have the rest of your life to get the perfect one. And you will.

Look us up if you want to play with the deuce some time.

LT31A

Hey thanks for the invite. I would love to get up close to one and get some advise. I have in mind what I want. I want...hard top..heat.. and bob it myself with huge tires. I have lots of other toys also. I'm just looking for something thats looks good and to drive just for fun. I love to work on things so I'm betting it will be perfect. Thanks Bill

gel69

OR......you can do like me.....come across one at the auction, have not idea what the heck it is but it look very cool and is pretty cheap and you jump on it:cookoo: and THEN you start doing research on the internet and find this great site....I know I know you don't have to remind me :cookoo::cookoo::cookoo:

Varyag

Yes, they do get lonely in the driveway. When I got mine I was just counting on one. Then I found a few old times around where I live and I may be dragging an older brother home one of these days. Once the green sickness has you, there is no turning back.

I always promised myself I wouldn't be one of those guys with a yard full of trucks. Ohh well.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks