• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce pulls a 1 ton around

M1075

A fuel pump went out in the Dodge, so a little towing was in order. It is amazing how a deuce can make a 1 ton 4x4 dually look so little!

I need to fab up some towbar mounts for future recoveries.

Attachments

PWM

I like how your deuce looks with 10 XL’s on it, the Dodge is nice too. When I built the bumpers for my Dodge I built in 2 inch receivers attached directly to the frame rails on the front and back so I can attach a 12,000 pound winch on either end and store it in the tool box when not in use. I have been thinking this would be a good mounting point for a tow bar. All I have now is the 12 foot hernia inducing tow chain.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope someone was in the 1-ton providing braking help. Otherwise, towing with a cable would get REAL fun when it was time to stop.

M1075

PWM- I think you could easily fab up some tow bar mounts to slid into your receivers. I have some M880 towbar adapters that I might try to use.

Maddawg- This was definitely a two person operation.