• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Top Question...

Warren Lovell

Hello all, I got a top off of Gov Liquidation and it is a foot too wide for my Deuce. The data tag reads Landmark Top for truck 2.5 ton 6x6, truck 5 ton 6x6....any ideas as to which model truck it fits as it does not fit my deuce. I am probably going to cut the center section out 12" to fit my cab as all other dimensions are correct.

Thanks for your help.

Warren Lovell[/img]

M1075

M939 series 5 ton cabs are about 1' wider. Maybe that is what it is for? I'm surprised it says for 2.5 ton, though.

Warren Lovell

Sectioning the top

My plan is tp plasma cut 12" out of the center and tig butt weld them back together. The rear skirt section will have 6" taken off each side. Kind of a shame to do to a brand new top...unless someone out there has a brand new Deuce top to trade.

Warren

Armada

That really sucks! Those were nice tops. I remember those going for some serious $$$$. I would be upset too if it didn't fit. I'm sure you checked that the sides aren't just splayed out and can be pulled in.

jatonka

It was talked about by RAM and some others that the cab manufacturers made a mistake and installed the supplied data plates to all the tops, M35, 800 series and 900 series.
The M35A3 is the same cab as any M35, only the 900 series uses that wider top. JT

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks