• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce tractor with bed on it

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Some time ago, I saw pics of a deuce tractor that had a bed put on it by the guy attaching a kingpin to the underside of the bed. I searched but could not find the thread it was in or the pics. Can anyone help me out here?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Missed that one. There was a deuce tractor on ebay with a bed on it though. I have pics somewhere

illtemper

98hd said:
I think your remembering wrong. I remember reading about a multifuel 5 ton tractor w/ a deuce bed on it. I think he was out west.

I was talking to chris about this the other night when I picked up a pto. that's exactly what I'm doin' with my m52a2. thanks for the thread chris. any info would be appreciated...Jon

otisroy

There're quite a few M35s and M813s up at Elephant Butte Lake that have chopped the bed in half or they've cut a hole in the bed to accomodate the 5th wheel hitch.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Deuce tractor with bed on it

mangus580 said:
Kenny, didnt we talk about this concept a few months ago?
It was a year ago but yes! Puts the bed too high for my likings.

rizzo

RE: Re: RE: Deuce tractor with bed on it

I wanted to do this with my 818 except make it a dump. I have to do some more planning first and get some actual numbers. I have a friend who built two for civi trucks

gimpyrobb

RE: Re: RE: Deuce tractor with bed on it

I am remembering correct. I KNOW there is a pic of it on here somewhere. It was in a thread that had pics from an MV event. I just haven't had the time to search 16 different terms to find it. I was just wondering if someone knew it off hand. I need the pic for a friend.

gimpyrobb

Thanks but no. It was a deuce(tractor) with a regular bed on it, mounted with a modified kingpin. I think it might have been a Michigan rally and it might have had a trailer attached to it.

EDIT! Sweet Kenny, that is it. I have not gotten the tailgate from Oilcan, but you should know that I have 2 of the T bolts headed your way. They will be in your hands by the Ga rally at the latest.

illtemper

I like the kingpin idea for versatility ,but I gotta say ,that dump sure looks sweet sittin down on the frame.

DD; how'd ya fit the ram under there ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks