• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce trany help

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is to allow oil and such to leak out under normal use . When fording deep water you take the plug on the left out ( the hole dosen't go all the way through ) and put the plug in the right hole . A complete fording kit also blows low air pressure into the bell housing to keep water out . Search the TM's for fording deep water ,it will expain it in detail.

Flyingvan911

Before you drive through deep water, use the plug to plug the hole in the bottom of the bell housing. When you're done, remove the plug and screw it back into it's little storage spot.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And it's not the "trany", it's the flywheel housing on the engine.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
AND If you had READ the TMs ( at least the -10), there would be NO need for this thread, which is ONE of about 100, ALL of which are about the mysterious EXTRA plug and the equally mysterious UNplugged hole in the bottom of the bell housing

Last edited:

DeucesWild11

Rezduce, I posted the same thing about a month or two ago, took about the same pic and got the same answer. Don't worry about it.

We should have a section in the FAQ part on this site where we can post stuff like this, I know someone like me or Rez will ask again..

Like Deuce FAQ, and then link to the most common posts for Deuces, like "lost brakes" "what to take on a recovery" and of course "what's this hole in the bottom of my tranny"

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I wouldn't worry too much about crap getting in that little hole, I have had that inspection plate(with 6 bolts) off my truck for about 2 or 3 years now.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We should have a section in the FAQ part on this site where we can post stuff like this, I know someone like me or Rez will ask again..
Like Deuce FAQ, and then link to the most common posts for Deuces, like "lost brakes" "what to take on a recovery" and of course "what's this hole in the bottom of my tranny"
The problem is the FAQ deuce questions would be hundreds of pages long. Everything you said has been asked and posted hundreds of times. Search is your friend. (especially in the deuce forum).

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter

rlwm211

Read the manual

Rezduce, I posted the same thing about a month or two ago, took about the same pic and got the same answer. Don't worry about it.

As was posted already. The answer to this is in the -10 manual. Now I will tell you why people tell people who ask questions like this one that they themselves can answer if they read the manual.

Besides the little trivial questions that will be answered in the operator's manual it also tells you what to check on the truck before each trip and how to operate the truck as Uncle Sam had literally probably over a million or two drivers do it. Proper operation of the manifold heater, warm ups and cool downs, and what the normal parameters for the gauges are.

When I started, I was under the impression that I knew enough to take care of my truck and I did not need to read the manual for the operator;

"heck that's easy stuff"​

Now, after owning my truck for 3 years, and having worked on mine and other's trucks, all I can say is that the manual will save you time and effort and money too.​

I will add, the only manuals I consider required reading for new owners and old alike are the -10 the LO manual and the GTA manual which shows what every system or item is on a deuce.​

This applies to the bigger trucks too.​

The reality of all of this is that you are wasting your time as well as ours when you do not use the tools and resources that are free for the asking and worth the time to read.​

You may think I am being a jerk for telling you this, but to be honest, I had the same learning curve and all I am trying to do is make it easier for you.​

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks