• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce won't crank.

STrider3

I used the fantastic search feature before posting this and got nothing. After putting the title in the site warned me to look at similar threads before starting a new thread and I got a nice story about a deuce pulling a mini-van from a ditch. So there is my apology for those that will say to try the search function first. It never works correctly on the Ducati site I peruse also so here goes if I am forgiven. Sorry.

Here goes: I took the tarp and hoops off the new deuce yesterday and now manage to get 6 (1,000 lb. each) round hay bales into that massive bed instead of the 3 I had been. I needed to go and get 4 more today so I got in the truck to start it up for the 5 - 10 minute warmup and after turning on the ignition switch I was greeted with air buzzer as normal then pushing the red start button.... and got nothing. I checked for anything left on and found nothing amiss. I remembered that I left the airtank valves open the night before so I closed them while wondering how that had anything to do with anything but tried the start again and... nothing. I now have the battery charger out and the batteries disconnected so a 12vdc charger works but found the batteries measured 12.95 vdc and 12.7 vdc indicating that they were not discharged. Will now start checking for corrosion on the grounding points and + starter connections and will vdc check the starter button.

Question. Is there anything that all Steel Soldier members check immediately when the start button produces a no-crank nothing situation? Or am I going about things the right way by troubleshooting the batteries then the starting circuit. My next step is to start reading the manuals here to find a flow chart that will help the troubleshooting process.

Thanks all.

hoop

When the switch is turned on the starter button gets power, from there it goes to the starter relay then to the starter solenoid then to the starter.
Pretty simple.

STrider3

Thank you all. I will search better. Promise. It started after a bit of fiddling with the solenoid connection. Cleaning all posts now. It is simple as I suspected it was.

Flyingvan911

Problems with deuces are usually simple unless there's no brakes, no fuel in the injectors, or a big hole in the side of the engine with the truck sitting in the middle of a busy interstate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks