• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DM22630 HOW TO : Fix leaking air pressure gauge line

dm22630

HOW TO : Fix leaking air pressure gauge line

I come up with good (CHEAP) ways to fix things on deuces from time to time....so I am going to start photo-logging them & posting them on here for you guys.

Today I fixed the air leak in the cab, which I found was a faulty air line to the pressure gauge. Very simple fix & can be done with simple hand tools.

Fix Time = 30 minutes

Cost = $10 - $15

Parts needed:

a) 18" section of 1/4" ID airhose
b) Two "1/4 Barb x 1/4 MIP hose barb adapters"
c) One "1/4 FIP x 1/8 FIP reducing coupler"
d) Two small hose clamps
e) Teflon tape OR Liquid pipe sealant

I pulled the gauge panel out to do this, however, that is NOT required & would be easier to do if I had left it in place.

Step by Step below.....

1. Remove both nuts/lockwashers from the back of the pressure gauge.
2. Pull pressure gauge towards the seat & disconnect the air line.
3. Remove the airline from the fitting on the firewall.
4. Install a "1/4 FIP x 1/8 FIP reducing coupler" & a "1/4 Barb x 1/4 MIP hose barb adapter" on the back of the pressure gauge.
5. Reinstall the pressure gauge in the gauge panel.
6. Install a "1/4 Barb x 1/4 MIP hose barb adapter" onto the air fitting on the firewall.
7. Install a 18 inch section of 1/4" (inside diameter) airline onto the two barb fittings & secure them with hose clamps.

DONE! ;)

Attachments

Last edited:

BimmerPower

Banned
Thanks for the info. I'm going to have to go through my air systems inside out since it only reads about 65psi. I'm suspecting a leak (or hoping it's not the compressor) somewhere in the system. Thanks!

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this is an older thread, but just wanted to say Thanks a bunch dm22630 for this great "How To" Thread! [thumbzup]
This is an easy fix to leaking hoses, and it is an easy "field repair" too!

I used your idea, and replaced both of my leaking rubber air hoses (Front Axle Air Shift Switch & Air Gauge Hose)
I posted a thread too, which at first was just questioning if anyone else had done
it. But then it quickly gets into changing the hoses over.

To make it easier for anyone who might be searching for this, here is the thread that I posted about this too:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-modification-hot-rodding/86972-how-make-replacement-axle-switch-hose.html#post1119080

Thanks again dm22630 for this excellent idea!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks