• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does anyone make dummy radios for HMMWV install? Or lower priced radio?

99nouns

I can make a dummy radio depending on details and if you got pictures of all sides of it and what are you willing to pay???

Wile E. Coyote

Nobody commercially makes dummy SINCGARS. You basically have to watch eBay and the classifieds for a very long time if you want any kind of deal. Occasionally people list complete two-set early SINCGARS setups for something just shy of $10K, but those people are hitting on the recreational chemicals a little too enthusiastically. There were some training model SINCGARS sets that could be modified to fit the VAA trays, but they also show up rarely.

If you went with the older generation VRC-12 family stuff you could do a complete setup fairly reasonably (HMMWVs were in use from '85 up, and the older installations were around through the late 90s) - as there's lots of that stuff out there. Other than that, read the manuals, get a handle on what you need, and just keep scouring eBay and the Classifieds here and on G503 and grab it as it shows up.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I have a rt524 with mt1029 I'm taking to the ga rally to sell. Issue will be getting it to MN. I had one in my HMMWV in Germany in Desert Storm and up until 2004 in some training vehicles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks