• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dually tire issues

hotroddiesel

hey guys ive got problems ive got an 1987 chevy dually m1028 i want to put the 37x12.50x16.5 on it but the only way i can find out around where i live is i got to buy them just to see if they fit , i know i can put the 36 military oz on the truck they rub the tie rod on the driver side alittle when you turn to the right . ive heard that you can with a 16.5x9 chevy dually rim with 1/4 spacers in the front and with a 2.5 spacer in the back . if anyone can help me out i would greatly appreciate it .

nhdiesel

The biggest problem you are going to have is between the dually tires in the rear. I don't know what the spec is, but I would keep at least 1" between the tires, probably should be more. When you put the tires on the truck and add weight, they will bulge. They also move a bit when cornering; tires flex some.

Jim

hotroddiesel

yeah i figure on a spacer but what size is the question ive heard its got to be atleast 2.5 inches to be perfect . dont plan on doing any hauling or road racing just a big ole truck for me and my wife to ride around in .

Phily

has anyone tried this before got any pros and cons about it , ill take any info anybodie has about it .
People on Pirate have used wheel spacers on duallys with success. I just talked to a guy that did it on a Dana 80 with awesome results.