• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Eprom?

someoldmoose

A little confused. Are you asking what an E-prom is ? It's the "chip" that goes in the ECU for the engine. E - means it's flash programmable (can be changed by someone with the equipment and know-how).

erasedhammer

A little confused. Are you asking what an E-prom is ? It's the "chip" that goes in the ECU for the engine. E - means it's flash programmable (can be changed by someone with the equipment and know-how).
My transmission is all sorts of ****ed up confusion right now. I'm trying to determine what vehicle/engine this eprom was for. I found that sheet that had a couple numbers and corresponding engines on it, but this number was nowhere on it.

someoldmoose

From what I can find the chip is for the engine computer. This shouldn't have any bearing on your transmission if the engine is operating properly. A little more info if you could :

What, exactly, is wrong ? You asked about an engine chip then mention a transmission problem. Diagnoses are based on facts. If all you wanted to know is what the chip is for, then you have your answer. Glad to help but need to know what the question is before a suitable answer can be provided. :lol:

Total mea culpa, I misread what this fella was looking for. For posterity (we sorted it out on his other thread about the same thing :oops: ) The CORRECT ANSWER IS A FEW POSTS BELOW.

Last edited:

Wire Fox

From what I can find the chip is for the engine computer. This shouldn't have any bearing on your transmission if the engine is operating properly. A little more info if you could :

What, exactly, is wrong ? You asked about an engine chip then mention a transmission problem. Diagnoses are based on facts. If all you wanted to know is what the chip is for, then you have your answer. Glad to help but need to know what the question is before a suitable answer can be provided. :lol:
No, this is the program chip in the transmission computer. We don't have an engine computer in our HMMWVs unless a non-military swap had been done. I saved an extended list of EPROM chip numbers on my desktop. I'll try and find it and give you an engine/trans combo for this chip. I'm also wondering if you have the correct torque converter, as that could really mess with what the TISS is reading and thus, your shift points. When you're limping in first gear, do you have to get to a rather high RPM to start rolling/feels like slippage?

erasedhammer

Thats very interesting as I took that EPROM chip out of a Transmission Control Module for the 4l80e...

erasedhammer

No, this is the program chip in the transmission computer. We don't have an engine computer in our HMMWVs unless a non-military swap had been done. I saved an extended list of EPROM chip numbers on my desktop. I'll try and find it and give you an engine/trans combo for this chip. I'm also wondering if you have the correct torque converter, as that could really mess with what the TISS is reading and thus, your shift points. When you're limping in first gear, do you have to get to a rather high RPM to start rolling/feels like slippage?
Definitely is the correct torque converter, came with the transmission. I disconnected power from the TCM to see what true limp mode felt like. Its definitely starting out in 1st gear, cause 2nd gear is a lot more sluggish.
I DID get the tranny from predator... which is a **** show buying transmissions from those guys...

erasedhammer

94 6.2? That's interesting considering the TCM box has the number for a m1114... I got the tranny and tcm together from predator. I'm near the end of this 4l80 change and its brought more trouble than I thought it would.
Its also interesting cause thats exactly my vehicle, but the box did not come with mine...

Last edited:

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CZSU

read directly off the EPROM chip.

Was in a box with a Serv. No 16196390
CZSU Is for a 01 6.5 NA truck
16196390 is just a standard 12v trans computer.
There is another brand computer used in these trucks...PCS Tcm2100ba

erasedhammer

CZSU Is for a 01 6.5 NA truck
16196390 is just a standard 12v trans computer.
There is another brand computer used in these trucks...PCS Tcm2100ba
Well that makes me feel a little better.
I'd rather have the problem be in one of the sensors rather than the computer.
I believe the chart of computers and proms listed anything after 2001 to be interchangeable.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have started at least 7 new threads on this transmission swap and problems.

Stop making new threads~!

Nobody wants to search your posted threads to make sense of your issues.

Posting a new thread with a few numbers and no questions, is not the way to get help. It just confuses others and clutters up the forums.

I'm not going to take the time to make sense of your other 6 threads and merge them in an order that would be understandable, so please just continue one of your existing threads the next time you need help with this transmission project.

erasedhammer

You have started at least 7 new threads on this transmission swap and problems.

Stop making new threads~!

Nobody wants to search your posted threads to make sense of your issues.

Posting a new thread with a few numbers and no questions, is not the way to get help. It just confuses others and clutters up the forums.

I'm not going to take the time to make sense of your other 6 threads and merge them in an order that would be understandable, so please just continue one of your existing threads the next time you need help with this transmission project.
Okay, will consolidate in the future.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks