• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Exhaust Gasket Help

fpchief

Could someone please enlighten me on the exhaust gaskets. Per the pic....does the thin paper type gaskets go on both sides of the elbow? I have the other type gasket also but gettin some conflicting info on if both are the thin ones or not.

20181013_092604.jpg

gstirling

Steel Soldiers Supporter
not sure what goes on the upper, but on my exhaust flare junctions (the ones with the clamps like the lower left in your picture) i used a gasket material that is made for exhaust (not paper much thicker) and has a wire mesh in it, buy it in sheets (4x6 in. is what my small motor repair shop had on hand) and used the old one as a template to cut the new one. it just sits in the flare and deforms into a more bell shape when the clamp is tightened. after two disassembly since install they are still holding up and were re-used each time.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

fpchief

Those are exactly the ones i got from Mike...Here is where the discrepancy came from. I ordered the elbow from Eastern and had them send the correct gaskets and they were both the same gaskets..they were some real thin, almost paper gaskets and i never felt right with it but used them anyway. Of course they leaked and i called Mike and he hooked me up with the two different gaskets...Never looked at them until now and do see that they are absolutely correct and i was just given wrong equipment from Eastern from the start. It all just had me wondering and wanted to be sure before i deadline my truck for that and other work tomorrow.

fpchief

not sure what goes on the upper, but on my exhaust flare junctions (the ones with the clamps like the lower left in your picture) i used a gasket material that is made for exhaust (not paper much thicker) and has a wire mesh in it, buy it in sheets (4x6 in. is what my small motor repair shop had on hand) and used the old one as a template to cut the new one. it just sits in the flare and deforms into a more bell shape when the clamp is tightened. after two disassembly since install they are still holding up and were re-used each time.
I will be getting some of that material to keep on hand. thank you!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks