• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extended Pintle mounting bracket

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am installing an Air Lift bumper and an extended pintle mount, the issue is this M998 had the upgraded towing hitch so the cast part shown as #22 was actually part of the upgraded cross piece which of course I am removing, so I have to source one.
Pintle.JPG
Looking around I see two part numbers, 7355392 is the early number and 12469170 is the later number, it looks like the later is basically the same only maybe beefed up somewhat.

Are these interchangeable?

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think one is shorter.
Looking closely at the pictures I believe you are right on the nose on that!
I am inclined to get the longer one (7355392) as it is much easier to make one shorter than longer IF needed.
Thanks!!

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I guess I should wait until the extension gets here, I would like to have everything together to start with but I found this, it looks like possibly the extension may not use the "bracket, mounting"
Extension.JPG

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cast part # 22 is not used on the extension thats shown...so no way to grease it...so pre-grease it.
There are 2 versions of the extension...most out there don't use # 22, but the older version does....but not easy to find.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cast part # 22 is not used on the extension thats shown...so no way to grease it...so pre-grease it.
There are 2 versions of the extension...most out there don't use # 22, but the older version does....but not easy to find.
Thank you for clearing that up!

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would you know the part number for #5 in the extension diagram above, the plate that is on the bolts that bolt the extension to the bumper? I have found several parts diagrams but no parts number lists.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would you know the part number for #5 in the extension diagram above, the plate that is on the bolts that bolt the extension to the bumper? I have found several parts diagrams but no parts number lists.
I could not find those either. I just used thick flat stock.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I could not find those either. I just used thick flat stock.
I do not see why they would be necessary unless the holes in the extension were grossly oversize, I have not received it yet, hopefully by the weekend but being Christmas probably next week.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One install i did...I used thick large washers for # 5...Somewhere I have a kit without the big part.
There is a special trailer plug bracket also.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One install i did...I used thick large washers for # 5...Somewhere I have a kit without the big part.
If you run across it let me know! I think I have the bracket, it is bent at an angle

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pics of what I did.

Pintle uses the regular non greased short collar like on the non airlift bumper.

I guess they wanted the flat piece to distribute weight evenly as extension is hollow with a tube spacer for bolts.

Wiring bracket is a 45-90 ish angle and also hard to find.
I salvaged a bracket off a dolly that did the trick for me.

Attachments

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like to ask folks why they put that extension on. It isn’t needed if you have the rhino carrier with stock tires.
Makes hooking up a trailer easier as I have both a rhino and extension. It clears the tire when hooking up a trailer. Most importantly, I live in the land of uninsured and idiots so I have some more metal to crunch when I get rear ended......

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was wrong, I do not have the trailer plug bracket, seems easy enough to fab something if you do not find the kit

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I like to ask folks why they put that extension on. It isn’t needed if you have the rhino carrier with stock tires.
Many of us like the increases angle available to push a trailer in reverse. The device also adds a couple of feet of steel to the rear end in places where other drivers drive and park by braille.

Action

Many of us like the increases angle available to push a trailer in reverse. The device also adds a couple of feet of steel to the rear end in places where other drivers drive and park by braille.
I thought of easier backing but didnt know if the length ftom hitch to trailer axle is what makes backing easier if longer. Which that length doesnt change.
Or, if a longer length from vehicle axle to trailer axle makes it easier.
I have always imagined it was option 1 with a longer trailer being easier.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I thought of easier backing but didnt know if the length ftom hitch to trailer axle is what makes backing easier if longer. Which that length doesnt change.
Or, if a longer length from vehicle axle to trailer axle makes it easier.
I have always imagined it was option 1 with a longer trailer being easier.
It makes it so that you can cut a more acute angle without ripping up your vehicle with the front of the trailer

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The NSN for that part #5 is 5340-01-536-9852, in fact here is the complete parts list for the extended hitch.
Extended_1.JPG
Extended_2.JPG
Extended_3.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks