• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Family User Friendly M109 Camper/ Bug Out Vehicle Pics

jesusgatos

Good work! Thanks for sharing.
I esp like the use of the camp stove. Never thought about that one. Great way to increase space use.
Have a stove/oven in mine, but was cooking on a coleman campstove for the first month or so after I moved out of my house because I hadn't installed any of the propane stuff. No plumbing or electricity either. Honestly, hardly missed any of that stuff...
Some folks that read your suggestion might think it's funny, but you are definitely speaking my language Kenny and I might just do that!:)
That's sort of what am going to do in the cab. Keep on truckin!

GoinNutts

Great build! After owning and selling a Lance Camper w/ built in oven and stove I would never go that route again. Coleman stove is all I own now, can use inside but always crowded, set it up outside have elbow room and your bunk doesn't end up smelling like last nights trout supper.

stalker

Great fab work....the only issues I have with the roof mount AC's is low clearance and leaking due to flexing.

Roof clearance only changed by 7 inches as the ac unit is a low profile model. No leaking or flexing as I added a 2x4s cut slightly thicker than the two inch gap between the ceiling and roof panels so that any heavy water accumulation would run away from the hole.[thumbzup]

micmccon

I like the build! I think you'll have good times with the kids for sure. I was thinking after seeing how much room the bunks take up, how about fold down bunks (like cots hinged against the wall that fold up when not in use? If space is a premium, the folding feature would be nice in the event you had to pack up a bunch of chit, ya'know?

Troll1216

I like the build! I think you'll have good times with the kids for sure. I was thinking after seeing how much room the bunks take up, how about fold down bunks (like cots hinged against the wall that fold up when not in use? If space is a premium, the folding feature would be nice in the event you had to pack up a bunch of chit, ya'know?

I was thinking about the same plan, but i dont know about the weight on the wall...

Does anyone have floor plans?

I was thinking about using the front end of the box as a dinette area with a fold down table to use as a bed, rv style, and the space above for the large window ac and storage. Under the benches a fresh water tank on one side, and storage under the other.

I would run a 12v pump off the fresh water with an outlet on the driver side for an external shower and an outside kitchen / cook station.

Inside the other bench I would hinge the top and place one of the following: a lay down style gun safe, an area for clothes, or - my choice, a battery bank.

I have been thinking this over for quite some time, I was going to convert a 105 trailer, but I think I will use that as a support trailer. I think a 109 is the best route.

I also tried to sketch out the interior with a shower/toilet combo - boat style - but I think it would be too cramped.

I also like the idea of the microwave inside, but i will be setting up the outside for cooking for fire safety reasons.

But, I don't own a 109 yet, so all options are being considered, including a 109 trailer......

S O M A N Y C H O I C E S!!!!! MY BRAIN HURTS...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
James, its only money. FWIW you can use swing down legs on wall mounted cots. Thin mattresses save a ton of room at the expense of Waldorf Astoria comfort. With my back, nothing is comfortable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks