• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

finally F I N A LL Y winding down

dmetalmiki

(for those that know me..! ) ((yes..but BUT!!))

After THIS ONE!.....................................................................( more!!)

It started and drove fantastic. Nice steady smooth (herculese ) multifuel whistler engine, Steady 45 mph Over the journey of 200 miles. Well over 12 mpg. on Mix with quart of clean engine oil. Steering a pleasure. no wobbles good track. no little effort with the AIR power steer. It has freewheel hubs. Orriginal 15-240 volt electrics. Fans. and interior lights. Original fuel heater.

10 brand new tires. and the "lump" on the floor inside back..is a new wrapped.......deuce 2 1/2 ton WINCH!. which we will be fitting.

Gas cooker, sink with running hot water, shower , toilet.

I am Very Very pleased with this (latest) new aquisition.

Attachments

Last edited:

Katahdin

That is a beautiful machine.....and the submarine shower curtain especially is a nice touch. Congratulations!!! :beer:

In the UK, would this be considered a "caravan" ?

dmetalmiki

Shop van conversion

Answers. It is not known as a "caravan" It is not known MUCH as anything 'cept in amazement! over here...gets quite some looks on the street..at a show it is Much relished. More known as a "Camper Conversion".

The water tanks are under the offside bed space. with the pump and battery. Which I will picture tommorrow. At that time I will be converting the Input (115 volt) plug to a standard (U.K.) 115 Volt worksight Plug. to work from a (similar) 240 Volt (U.K.) to "industry standard" 115 Volt Mains electric Dropper for worksites.

I will be installing 24 volt to 12 volt inverters for usefull gadgets radio/tv and such.

What I Can NOT find out despite searching everywhere is if the MAINS boxes (115 volt) Inside..DROP the current to 24 volt. OR, is the multy Pin socket next to the TWO pin 115 volt socket outside on the body the 24 Volt low voltage supply input?. Anyone know about that.

More info and pictures tommorrow.

Creddits to MILITARY TRUCKS.C.A. who's site and info on conversions Helped us ENORMOUSLY, exellent write up and detailed pictures. Gave us fantastic insight into just how to "finalise" the projects I have listed above. BIG Thanks there.

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Quickfarms, I can NOT post as every time I try to I (still!!) get the dreaded "you are not logged in" message (when I am!)

The pictures I want to post (again) and the ones you ask for are in my other post "Shop body electrics help" (thread by dmetalmiki) Will you please look there and tell me which plug is 110-115volt and which is low volts 24volt? thanks. I had thought the TOP plug was mains(115) and the bottom I can not find information ANYWHERE in tms or the net, so am relying on the S.S. member expertise. GOT it heres the picture.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks