• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fire Extinguisher bracket bolts

DTL

Does anyone know the bolt thread size for the fire extinguisher bracket on the floor of these trucks?? My oh8 didn't come with an extinguisher, but I'd like to use the stock floor plate to mount the one I just bought. None of the leftover junk I have in my bolt box seems to fit though. Help!!

DTL

I will. I've got a tap and die kit somewhere (I just moved) that would be a big help. Maybe I can uncover it before I make it to the hardware store.

DTL

After some trial and error, it turns out the extinguisher bracket takes 8-32 hardware. I tried mounting the new extinguisher I bought with these size bolts and I have NO confidence in their holding ability. The hardware is far too small. I'll be welding some new studs to the floor bracket and mounting the extunguisher that way. Last thing I want is a 10lb fire extinguisher breaking loose and slamming around the pedal box.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That floor bracket is not meant for a 10lb extinguisher. It's meant for a 2.5lb, NSN 4210-00-889-2221.
That's not to say you can't try to mount a 5lb or a 10lb there, but I wouldn't.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
10lb was the smallest I could find with a metal head.
I had my 5lb mounted on the lower backside of the "B" pillar on the passenger side. Out of the way and still accessible. No longer have it so I can't post a photo.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks