• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida Guys - Who is up for a mid September Ride?

cessnatwin

Yea I talked to them 2 weekends ago, all the Rangers were at the pig roast! It was a pick up garbage in Richloam I guess you weren't there I was gonna turn you truck in! Anyways, they said you "have to have a permit if more than nine trucks, vehicles or whatever are out there!" They just want to know roughly where you will be at! The permit is free and can be done via fax before we go! But, it is needed and I think we should get one just incase we have a full compliment!

SixSpeed

Banned
If its free; that's great. The question is WHY do they want to know where you are?

My sneaking suspicion is that they cam place blame if something were to happen; litter, trail damage? I dunno...

cessnatwin

No, they said they like to know what areas are most heavily used, and check them on occasion for wear! They can not blame you for garbage there is no proof, plus we are not there to litter! I put in a good word for steel soldiers and they even used my trucks for the kids to do a newspaper photo shoot of the clean up! hang on and I will show ya! They loved the 5 ton and appreciated it, and said they would love to have us!

SixSpeed

Banned
Awesome photo!

As long as they like us that's fine! LOL I always keep the trails clean, I usually pick up other peoples junk when I am out there I was just using it as an example.

Road...wear, you mean wear as in a MASSIVE mud hole? LOL

RAYZER

car aw

Cool, you can tow jacks peice of ***T there, and I can drag it back! Bring the car seat!
That's funny right there!
I have this picture in my head of Jack riding in a car seat with a little camo hat on,his hands on the little steering wheel, slapping the horn button and ringing the bell!!!

FM5332FF

Well if you need a hand turning wrenches and it happens to be on a weekend that I dont work let me know. I will help out, that way we can beat on your truck this coming up winter rally. :mrgreen:

stevegr

If I get my M109A3 in time, I'll be there. Just one question though. Is there enough height clearance on most of the trails at Richloam to clear an M109A3?

FM5332FF

there is a photo thread on here of the last time the guys went. Some spots look to be a little tight. The main thing I would worry about is the 109 being top heavy.

RAYZER

If I get my M109A3 in time, I'll be there. Just one question though. Is there enough height clearance on most of the trails at Richloam to clear an M109A3?
Some of the trails that we encountered your 109 couldn't have gone ,but there are places where you can park and ride with someone.

T

televisionman007

yea yea yea if i had a snorkel on it i would of jus drove on through. u were there u saw:cookoo:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks