• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

four door deuce?

jh1990

hi all
my dad (ah1955) just bought a deuce, which got me thinking...buy 2 deuces with half decent rag topped cabs, cut out the rear wall of one. cut the fire wall out of the other, weld them together. has anyone ever thought/try to do this?
i'm not planning to under take such a project until i'm a couple years older.

mangus580

RE: four door deuce

So a search on the user "Hot Rod Deuce" and you will find pics and everything :) He has been working on his for a while....

jh1990

RE: four door deuce

i was also planning to take the beds and scrap all but 9ft of each of the cargo beds and weld both together then making a 18ft bed. then i would need to lengthen the frame. i cant do any of this now for a couple reasons
1)i don't have 2 deuce to do it to.
2)i don't have the money.
3)i don't the materials/equipment.

M1075

Re: RE: four door deuce

jh1990 said:
i was also planning to take the beds and scrap all but 9ft of each of the cargo beds and weld both together then making a 18ft bed. then i would need to lengthen the frame. i cant do any of this now for a couple reasons
1)i don't have 2 deuce to do it to.
2)i don't have the money.
3)i don't the materials/equipment.
You could save a lot of time, money, materials, and equipment if you buy an M36 long bed deuce to start with!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: four door deuce

While you're at it, get a few acres so you have some place to turn it around.

markaroe

You could pick up one of the tails off a bob, probably for nothing. It might make your plan a little shorter though. Put the Bogie plates over the split. It might work.

Put two steering axles under the back and you might be able to turn it around in one state.

markaroe

You could chop a school bus and put behind the cab.
Then you could send the kids to the back of the bus and not have to listen to them.

Sorry I got carried away.

Unforgiven

While you're at it, get a few acres so you have some place to turn it around.
Actually, the M36 isn't as bad as you think wrt the turning radius. I pulled into my house on the first shot the other day, right between the fence and the gas meter.

In fact, the longer wheelbase seems to distribute the weight of the truck better, making turning the front tires just a little easier than the M35.

M36's aren't rare. They are hard to come by, but not rare. Eastern Surplus has a couple right now. GL puts them up every few months.

It would be worth your time & money to wait to get an M36 for the modifications you propose. But I'll tell you now that you aren't going to get 4 doors plus an 18 foot bed. Not gonna happen. I would suggest 4 doors and a 12' M35 bed.