• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Freightliner M915A for civilian use?

rjp221

I recently saw one of these trucks parked at a freightliner dealership here in CT. They look just like the FLD model. It got me thinking, could these trucks be used in the civilian field. Hypothetically if i was an owner operator and looking to buy a daycab for regional or local hauling, would these trucks work? Can their kingpin hook into regular non military trailers? With the Allison, what maximum weight are they capable of pulling and what speed can they reach?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The two Freightliner M915 models being released do not have overdrive transmissions. 58 mph top speed.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
They lack air ride suspension and coupled with the short wheelbase will beat your teeth out on a rough road. The cabs are very Spartan and tend to have a lot of road noise. A lot of folks are using them for short hauls like grain where you are not behind the wheel for ten hours at a time. Unless you find one of the older M915's with the CAT transmission you are going to be gear bound to around 58-62 and the engine will be running wide open to get that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks