• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front Battery being overcharged

drhymer4

Lol.

Your probably right. ...... I just wish I would have purchased a new 12 volt alternator instead of a 24 volt.

Thanks everyone for the help. I'll update when the new 12 volt arrives.

drhymer4

New 12 volt alternator has been on for a couple of days. So far so good!! Truck starts fine whether the engine is cold or warm.

Front battery is getting 13.9 volts and rear is getting 14.1.
Duvac system is still hooked up. The only thing I did is take out 24 volt alt and install 12 volt.

Thanks for the help!!☆☆☆☆☆

Glad to hear it's working, but if you put in a 12v alt you no longer need the DUVAC. The whole reason for the mod is to eliminate the failure-prone DUVAC. I'm not sure if running it to a 12v alt will cause you any problems down the road or not, so I recommend keeping a close eye on it for awhile to be safe if you're going to leave it hooked up that way. Enjoy that rig, it looks like a fun truck!