• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

front winch weight?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anybody know what a complete front winch weighs? I've got a guy wanting to buy a complete winch setup I have and we are trying to figure the weight for shipping. I need to ship the winch, brackets, PTO, bolts, and driveshaft.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While the weight of the winch is interesting, it is also important to note how far forward of the front axle the winch sits. There is a bit of leverage that comes into play as well.

Even empty, a Deuce w/w is quite heavy on the front axle; I cannot find it in the manual right now, but I believe it is around 6800 lbs for a w/w Multi. I took a note that the front springs are rated for 8000 lbs, but do not remember which posting that came from.
The weight of the load in the cargo bed goes mostly onto the tandems.

Maybe somebody hit the scales at some point and can chime in.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the TMs list the truck weights WO/W & W/W. So with a bit of siphering you should be darn close.
You know, I knew the weights of the w/w trucks and the wo/w trucks but it never crossed my mind to do this :oops:.

dm22630

NO WAY a front deuce winch weighs 500lbs! Me & my buddy lifted 2 of them into the back of my F150. Maybe the whole setup.....winch, cable, chain, bumper extensions, pto staft, pto, linkage ALL TOGETHER miiiiiiiiiight weigh that much.

2cents

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Anybody know what a complete front winch weighs? I've got a guy wanting to buy a complete winch setup I have and we are trying to figure the weight for shipping. I need to ship the winch, brackets, PTO, bolts, and driveshaft.
NO WAY a front deuce winch weighs 500lbs! Me & my buddy lifted 2 of them into the back of my F150. Maybe the whole setup.....winch, cable, chain, bumper extensions, pto staft, pto, linkage ALL TOGETHER miiiiiiiiiight weigh that much.

2cents
:doh:.......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks