• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Frustrated with idle

Broke Down

It only leaks in that one spot, well just on that side of the front head at least. There are no other leaks on the truck except for the breaks. I think it had just been gone through and barely used before it hit the auction.

Also the more I run the truck the better it runs, I noticed the fuel gauge going crazy now. I think all my worries will end here in a few months after I get to drive it a little more. My two boys love it, they ride round and round the property/driveway....lol. Keeps me motivated :)

Broke Down

No I haven't checked that, it seems the leak is between the head and the block. Is there an oil passage I missed looking at the manifolds? I seen where there was a water port on the intake by noticing the freeze plugs in the intake manifold. Sorry I'm still learning and reading.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The intake has coolant running through it. Your pic looks to me like fluid is coming from above the head/block split.

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This link will tell you how to set up your fuel pressure and idle. Well worth downloading and following. It is the Continental Motors troubleshooting guide. Tre link is:
http://www.jatonkam35s.com/DeuceTech...l engine.pdf
The first step assumes just the in-tank pump running, you need to have 5-7 psi. The second step requires the engine to be running at no-load, idle speed to produce 65-70 psi at the secondary filters. The TM tells you how to shim the pressure regulator to get the 65-70 psi. It then goes into setting the throttle linkage and throttle stop to get correct max no-load speed. Good stuff.

Broke Down

This link will tell you how to set up your fuel pressure and idle. Well worth downloading and following. It is the Continental Motors troubleshooting guide. Tre link is:
http://www.jatonkam35s.com/DeuceTech...l engine.pdf
The first step assumes just the in-tank pump running, you need to have 5-7 psi. The second step requires the engine to be running at no-load, idle speed to produce 65-70 psi at the secondary filters. The TM tells you how to shim the pressure regulator to get the 65-70 psi. It then goes into setting the throttle linkage and throttle stop to get correct max no-load speed. Good stuff.
Did I miss something? It says "Page not found".

Broke Down

Just touching base and hopefully helping someone when they search this issue.

I read and read on this problem as much as I could. My truck ran fine before it sat for two years when my pops owned it. When I got it the idle was a mess, just watch the video on post #1. I added some new fuel after I ran most of the old out, added a gallon of old mixed gas and a quart of atf to the mix. Next I ran the truck in some hilly country to let my throttle be used lightly and heavily. Made a few runs and the truck will crank while not trying to run away, then the older is almost perfect as it settles in. Next I need to change the filters and a full brake job.

To the new guys, if your fuel system doesn't leak or have any loose fittings but gives an issue like described on my first post try running it for a long period of time. Add some gas and/or atf to the mix to clean some of the internals of the pump. Don't be bull headed and act like your problem will go away, slow down and start small then work your way out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks